November 1, 2011

Night Owls I.

I'm a morning person. It's a rare day that I'm not in bed by 10:00 and asleep by 11:00. (I love to read and try to get in at least a chapter a night.) My kids, by design or default, are also morning people. They are awake by at least 6:30 and sometimes much earlier. Needless to say, they're also ready for bed pretty early.
<BR>
This week will put us through our paces.
<BR>
Last night, of course, was Halloween. Its our first one at home and I'm pleased to say trick or treating seems to be on the rise in the UK. (In previous years I'd been told by some wet-blanket-parents they would never send their kids out "begging for food.") We met up with some friends and went out en masse to the neighbors. Should you ever come trick or treating with us, here are some key notes for the night...
<BR>
...it's important to choose wicked-cool costumes;
<BR>
...only go to houses with jack o'lanterns or other decorations in the window;
<BR>
...be prepared to sing for your food;
<BR>
and... don't set your expectations too high.

Tomorrow... fun with sparklers!
<BR>

2 comments:

  1. You know the lovely, massive Mason Ware bowl you got me? Filled to the brim with candy, candy, candy. (Walter has a knack). Side note, my 'treat' was finding the exact same Mason Ware bowl in mini size! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm eating one of John's tootsie pops right now.

    ReplyDelete