May 30, 2011

Hosed.

As part of our recent household renovations, our fantastic builder Pawel has installed two spickets - one at the front of the house and one at the back. So yesterday I got a hose. A garden hose. I can now water my gardens with ease and without making several hundred sploshy trips to and from the kitchen sink with my rusted out watering can. 




For those of you who take your garden hoses for granted, stop for a minute and appreciate their small yet significant additions to your life. Could your children have as much fun drinking straight from the kitchen tap? Do you recall hot, summer days spent running under the shower head? How about washing your car with a bucket and water pistol...? Luckily my children only drink juice, it doesn't get hot in England and we don't have a car. Nevertheless, I feel more human and mature with my own garden hose.




(Yes, I know how tiny it is.)


Slowly, ever so slowly I'll move this Victorian house into the 21st century. Next move: a tumble dryer.

1 comment:

  1. That is an adorable garden hose. It stands proud in your back garden.

    ReplyDelete