September 15, 2011

Cuckoo for conkers.

Translation: conkers = horse chestnuts = buckeyes.
<BR>
Buckeyes...?
<BR>
Hold on... not this kind:
<BR>
This kind:
<BR>
And they are ripe for the picking, which is exactly what Noah and I did this afternoon. I don't know why, but there's some satisfaction in clearing the grounds of your local park with non-edible, wholly useless nuts. Unless - thank you Wikipedia - I want to make acetone or whiten my hemp. Which I do not.
 <BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
 <BR>
<BR>
Reading further into the expansive and impressive Wikipedia article, I'd like to also thank them for suggesting that "horse-chestnuts can be used to make jewelry using the conkers as beads". Hello... My Aunt Barb, like, invented that. Want your conker edible? No problem, my Aunt Sondra has totally nailed the recipe for it's confectionery perfectionary. Central Ohioans have also figured out to turn this useless nut into a university mascot:
<BR>
Brutus in Austin, TX before a football game against the Texas Longhorns
<BR>
I'll let you decide who's the nut and who's the mascot.
<BR>

No comments:

Post a Comment