August 15, 2011

Perfect.

If we were perfect, this is the picture I would show and the story I would tell:

The boys and I have just returned from a brief visit with my BFF, her husband A, and their two crazy kids. We had a great time. It was especially nice getting to re-meet their beautiful little people, Mae and John. 
We are not perfect...

The boys and I have just returned from a brief visit with my BFF, her husband A, and their two crazy kids. We had a GREAT time. It was especially nice getting to re-meet their beautiful little people, Mae and John:


However...

Despite all the fun playing Hide & Seek and Mr. Wolf, eating pizza, chatting, reading, and watching Peppa Pig, it was more interesting (for me) to watch how our kids - whom all have very different personalities - got on together.


Fig. 1: All kids on the bench for a snack and an attempt at a "nice photo"; Noah's hogging the snack, Mae's pissed; Elliot and John are best friends.


Fig. 2: Mae takes matters into her own hands; Elliot force feeds his best friend.


Fig. 3: Mae's off with her bounty, it looks like the opportunity is gone.


Fig. 4: Melissa returns Mae to the bench, crackers tucked into her shirt; Noah's still hogging the snack; Elliot and John are amusing themselves.


Fig. 5: Melissa encourages Noah to share the snack.


Fig. 6: Noah's pissed.


Fig. 7: Mae's scored; Elliot thinks it's hilarious his little brother is upset and setting a bad example for sweet, admiring John; Noah is taking a break from society. Photo session over.





2 comments:

  1. I am laughing so hard there are tears rolling down my cheeks. I love my BFF and I love these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he! Perfect! Love the matching tees!

    ReplyDelete